DX Reports can be used to quickly run data in a user created format. This screen is used to maintain DX report records.
DevExpress Documentation can be found at these links:
For training videos, jump to the bottom of this article.
Notes about the Report Designer:
- The design surface is the area of the report. (The white area with spots)
- The report bands are how the report appears and divide the page. The size of the report bands may be adjusted. There are several bands:
- Top Margin
- Report Header
- Page Header – Used for column headers for tables.
- Group Header
- Detail – Contains the actual details of the report.
- Group Footer
- Report Footer
- Page Footer
- Bottom Margin
- The data source contains the specific information that may be linked to fields within the report.
- The Report tag (>) in the upper left hand corner can be used to make edits for the entire report. This report tag also contains the report wizard.
How To Create a New DX Report Record
- Go to Record>Report>DX Reports.
- Click the command button New.
- Select the record number.
- Add information – name, data source.
- Data sources include: Pallet information, Invoices and/or picklists, Purchases, Item transfers, Service tickets, Equipment transfers
- Click the command button Save.
How To Design a DX Format
- Go to Record>Report>DX Reports.
- Select the design panel, and click the command button Select Test Data.
- Using the +, check the checkboxes correlating with the test data in the parameters box.
- Use the drop down arrow to select a cutoff date.
- Click the left arrow > on the bar.
- Use the Report Designer to create the report.
- When finished, save the report.
How to Import a DX Format
The following are instructions on importing a DX format into a DX report.
- Open the e-mail with the report you’d like to add to your database. Click and drag the attached report file to your desktop.
- Navigate to Records>Report>DX Reports.
- Select the report to add the format to.
- Select the DX Format Tab. Click on the leftmost icon, which appears as a grid with a wrench over it.
- When the designer window opens, navigate to File>Open. Browse to your desktop, select the .repx file you dragged from your e-mail and click open. Navigate to File>Back to eoStar. Click Post.
The top bar of the tab can be used to design, view, print, zoom in on, or export the report.
Grouping in DX
If you’ve got all of the relevant info all set to go in ION, it’s a pretty easy process to get DX to group it. Say we’re basically looking at something like this:
If you want to see DX sort things similar to how they are here in ION, you need to make sure you set up grouping rules. This means first having a group header under which my details will be listed:
Now that you have your group band, you can assign the rules to it that it will group by. In this example, you would just be looking to sort by the manufacturer (by name). Naturally, you would place the manufacturer field inside that group header, but you also want to specify that the group band is actually sorting and grouping using this same field:
Once all of this is set up, your detail lines will now be sorted according to this rule.
Summaries and Counts
- Create a report footer (right click->insert band)
- Bring in your desired field to be summed (t1.customer)
- Edit field properties, edit Summary string
- Summary function, Count (since we’re not using sums of qty’s, we want to see # of stops for this example)
- Set to run this count by your desired range (in this case what is contained within the whole report)
Basic Training Videos
Advanced Training Videos