The receivables memos interface is used to enter debit and credit transactions. Each transaction will be created as an over the counter (OTC) order for the customer, billing code, and amount specified. Based on the memo type, each order will also be assigned the corresponding order type.
The interface is designed to facilitate quickly entering multiple similar memos in a single session, then posting them all at once. After each memo is added, the memo type, billing code, amount, description, and note will remain while the cursor is automatically returned to the customer selector
- Functional Area: Administration
- Roles Impacted: Accounts Receivable
- Platform: eoStar Backend
- Plugins: eoStar Core
The order types that will be used for debit and credit memos must be set in database configuration.
- Different order types must be assigned for debit memos than credit memos.
For instructions on setting the debit and credit memo order types, please see the Database Configuration – Receivables Panel article.
This setting controls user access to the Receivables Memos interface. For more information, please see: Plugins Panel
Records > Employee > Records > Plugins panel:
- May Access Receivables Memos
Organizational Access allows eoStar to filter the specific records and transactions that are available in certain interfaces and key record types based on the logged-in user. The organizational access levels only serve as a filter for areas a user already has permission to access, they do not grant any access permissions themselves.
Customers are assigned to a Warehouse on their main panel and become associated by extension with the Business Unit and/or Company the Warehouse is assigned to. Users will only be able to create memos for customers included in their Organizational Access, provided they also have permission to access the Receivables Memos interface. Additionally, the Customer selector will be filtered based on the user’s organizational access.
How to Enter Receivables Memos
- Go to AR > Receivables Memos.
- Select the Entered By employee.
- This will default to the logged-in user.
- Select the Entered On date.
- Select the Memo Type:
- Select the Billing Code to use.
- If the selected billing code is assigned a tax class, the tax amount will be automatically calculated upon posting the memo.
- Select the Customer the memo is for.
- Only customers included in the user’s Organizational Access will be available.
- Enter the Amount.
- Enter a Description of the memo. (optional)
- Enter a Note about the memo. (optional)
- Click Add.
- Repeat for any additional memos.
- Click Post to create an order for each memo.
- These orders are automatically finalized as soon as they are posted.
- If the customer is flagged for Follow-Up Invoices on their More Panel, they will be listed in the Waiting for Follow-Up Invoice queue of the Order Tracker.
- Please see the Database Configuration – Orders Panel article for instructions on enabling the Waiting for Follow-Up Invoice queue.