SMTP accounts are used to send emails from eoStar using a particular email address. Multiple accounts can be setup to send emails for different tasks from different email addresses.
- Functional Areas: IT
- Roles Impacted: IT Support
- Platform: eoStar Backend
- Plugins: eoStar Core
This permission controls if a user can access, modify, add, or erase SMTP Account records. For more information see: Access Records.
Records > Employee > Records > Access Records Panel:
- SMTP Accounts
How to Set Up SMTP Accounts in eoStar
- Go to Records > SMTP Accounts.
- Click New.
- Specify the record, either by selecting the provided number or creating your own.
- Enter the Name.
- Click Save.
- Open the Settings panel.
- Enter the Server, Port, Email from, Account, and Password.
- Check Use SendGrid for email delivery if emailing is routed through SendGrid.
- Enter the SendGrid Email from.
- Enter the SendGrid Name.
- To test the SMTP setup works:
- Click Post to save the settings.
- Once all necessary SMTP Accounts have been created, go to File > Database Administration > Configure > SMTP.
- Check Enable SMTP mail.
- Assign a Default SMTP Account.
- Assign any SMTP Email Configuration Overrides.
- The selected SMTP account will be used instead of the default account for emails related to the indicated area of eoStar.
- Any areas with no override will use the default SMTP account.
- Click Post.
How to Configure Email Relaying for SMTP Accounts
The default settings for many SMTP services do not allow the relaying of emails, which is needed for eoStar to send emails to addresses not within the server’s domain. The following articles may provide assistance in setting up relaying on some of the more popular platforms:
- Exchange Instructions
- Anonymous Relay on Exchange Instructions
- Office 365 Instructions
- Google G Suite Instructions
If you are using a less popular platform, you may need to reach out to your provider for assistance. Alternately, there is a mini service called MailEnable that some customers use to relay emails instead of their standard email service: